Bill Rea cctr114 at it.canterbury.ac.nz
Sun Mar 11 15:41:22 EST 2001

Bruce wrote:-

>However, the approach Samuel represents to you takes account of the text as it
>stands and it doesn't have to posit lost sources and traditions for the which
>no evidence is presented it seems, to explain the uncomfortable discrepancies.

I'm not saying it's not reasonable. I was griping about raising your
personal belief about the text to the level of fact. That's was Samuel
was doing.

>Secondly, our Samuel is attempting to see the text as it was in Judaism rather
>than imposing a late Second Temple - even Christian - agenda upon it. Thirdly,
>it is an approach which need not exclude faith, whereas your position seems to
>depends on faith and a particular view of historicity to underpin its validity.

Er, um, my position? Exactly what was my position? I don't remember
giving one.

Bill Rea, Information Technology Dept., Canterbury  University  \_
E-Mail b dot rea at it dot canterbury dot ac dot nz             </   New
Phone   64-3-364-2331, Fax     64-3-364-2332                   /)  Zealand
Unix Systems Administrator                                    (/'