nehemiah, minimalism: giuseppe, ian

Banyai Banyai at t-online.de
Fri Mar 9 02:49:34 EST 2001

Giuseppe Regalzi wrote:

> Dear Michael,
>
> can you give any examples of hebrew texts edited in order to
> update their linguistic appearance? I don't mean old texts used as
> sources of new, different books; I only mean texts revamped for
> more recent reading.

Nice would it be. But for this purpose we would need at least a second version of
a biblic text to compare with.
Easier is to show later and datable redactional interventions here and there in
text, but we can not state whether or not they were followed by larger
interventions, adapting the lexic to the than contemporary norms.

Best regards,

Bányai Michael