Paul's quotations (use of Psm 68:18 in NT)

Dan Wagner Dan.Wagner at datastream.net
Thu Mar 8 15:05:46 EST 2001

Is anyone familiar w/ this book or his thesis:

Descent of Christ: Ephesians 4:7-11 & Traditional Hebrew Imagery - The
By: W. Hall Harris
Type: Trade Paperback
Vendor: Baker / Revell
ISBN: 080102191X
?

CBD says: "In The Descent of Christ, Hall Harris presents a meticulous and
thorough analysis of Ephesians 4:7-11. While most interpreters have
understood the verses to refer to (1) a descent by Christ from the earth to
the underworld following his death or (2) a descent from heaven to earth at
the incarnation, Harris marshals convincing evidence for an alternative
view."

Perhaps it touches on our issue as well.

Harold, i plan to comment later on your translation.

Dan Wagner