STORY LINES IN GENESIS

Liz Fried lizfried at umich.edu
Thu Mar 8 10:52:49 EST 2001

Dear Paul,
I recommend Richard Friedman's book, Who Wrote the Bible?"
He has a chart at the back. I think people have combined his J and E
now, so the  two you should find are J and P. P is the priestly writer,
and J is the so-called Yahwist. P wrote Gen 1-2:4, and J wrote
Gen 2:5 to the end of 4 I believe. You have both P and J intertwined
in the Noah story. Have you noticed that?
Liz