nehemiah, minimalism: giuseppe, ian

Giuseppe Regalzi regalzi at infinito.it
Thu Mar 8 01:06:10 EST 2001

> dear giuseppe:
> to the extent that i can string out the development of the
> hebrew language (roughly five strata, with finer distinctions),
> the *bulk* of ezra-nehemiah is in stratum V, with ecclesiastes
> and most of song of songs.

Vince,

that's really interesting! I won't ask you what "most of song of
songs" exactly means: I understand you are not yet willing to
go into details ;-). Anyway, I have three more questions:

1) What are the dates of the five strata?
2) Has the ratio ):A$ER / $E- a role in assigning a given text its
date?
3) What about Jonah (and the Psalm of Jonah)?

Thanks.

Giuseppe

Giuseppe Regalzi
Via dei Velieri, 83