new to the world

Kevin W. Woodruff cierpke at prodigy.net
Mon Jun 25 18:08:05 EDT 2001

Pete:

There is a new one that you may want to check out published by Zondervan by
Gary D. Pratico and Miles V. Van Pelt. I saw galley proofs of this at the
Evangelical Theological Society meeting and it looks great

           0310237602
                        Basics of Biblical Hebrew Grammar
                                                      Gary D. Pratico and
Miles V.
                                                      Van Pelt

    $35.99
           0310237017
                        Basics of Biblical Hebrew Workbook
                                                      Gary D. Pratico and
Miles V.
                                                      Van Pelt

There is also a new one out by Baker called  Introducing Biblical Hebrew
List price US$39.99; ISBN 0801021472 by Dr. Allen Ross

Kevin

At 12:46 PM 6/25/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>I am new to the Hebrew world.  Actually, I'm so new that I have not yet
>touched a textbook.  I'm going to start self studying soon and I thought I
>could get some advice on which textbook series to use.
>
>I have heard of ones by Kittle, Seow, and Kelley, and have heard raving
>positives and raving negatives about all three.  What do you guys
>reccommend?
>
>Another option I was considering was doing a little preschool (a primer or
>so) such as The First Hebrew Primer: Third Edition by Ethelyn Simon.  This
>could ease me into it and help me learn the alphebet real well before I
>start serious study.  This also will correspond well with my upcoming
>plans, ie taking a year of intense graduate study in engineering and
>having a baby in eight months!  Considering those, and my continued
>interest to study Greek which I am pretty far along, I may only have time
>for some background study.
>
>I'm open to any advice.  Thanks and hello again,
>Pete Richert

>---
>You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: [cierpke at prodigy.net]
>To unsubscribe, forward this message to