yqtl patterns and Anson Rainey

Peter Kirk Peter_Kirk at sil.org
Thu Jun 14 13:03:35 EDT 2001

Indeed the prophetic QATAL is important. Such things show how my table is
oversimplified. But I don't see the distinction between this and the normal

YIQTOL future as aspectual. It would certainly be wrong to identify the
perfective future with QATAL; it was one of Randall's main points that
future YIQTOL is not necessarily imperfective. Maybe someone else can
clarify what the distinction is.

Peter Kirk