2 Ki 2:23-24

Daniel Wagner dan.wagner at netzero.net
Mon Jul 16 14:24:53 EDT 2001

Shoshanna,

Are you claiming that ancient BH writer(s) were incapable of free variation? Is that a uniquely modern literary discovery? Is it not a acceptable "reason" to use a particular word for literary/stylistic purposes alone?

(I am not intending to argue for free variation in this particular context necessarily, but asking the larger question of whether it is possible in general.)

Dan Wagner