Leviticus in the DSS

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Fri Jul 6 18:01:34 EDT 2001

Joseph,
I don't know where this person got their information, but try to pin
them down on Sukenik and Yadin, i.e. get specific bib info and
check, because according to my database of biblical quotes in the
DSS, these verses are not preserved.  1QLev may perserve verses
30 and 31, but it's hard to tell because the fragment only has a
total of 6 letters.  The nearest other fragments are from
11QpaleoLev, which preserves verses 11-19, and 4Q367, which
preserves verses 30-34.  As far as I have discovered (and my book
on this subject is just about to go to press), verses 28 and 29 have
not been preserved in the DSS.  Your friend seems to have gotten
some bad information.