The rooster's wisdom (was: Biblical Humor)

Ruthy & Baruch alster at bezeqint.net
Sun Feb 25 13:50:55 EST 2001

Shalom!

Charles wrote:

  This phrase is picked up by the rabbis and inserted into a
separate blessing among the Shabbat morning blessings.  There the blessing
is made to God, and the question framed in Job is answered.  "Barukh 'atta,
.... who gave the rooster understanding to distinguish between day and
night."

Sorry, but in the prayer book I use, we say it every morning, the first in
the series of morning blessings (birkhot hashahar).  Sephardim say it near
the end of the same series.

Kol Tuv,
Baruch