Written by Women.???

Harold R. Holmyard III hholmyard at ont.com
Wed Feb 21 18:57:29 EST 2001

Dear list,

Although it seems far from the purpose of B-Hebrew, it seems necessary, in
view of the post below, to say that you do not have to be a fundamentalist
to believe in Petrine authorship of 2 Peter. It is Jude, in my view, that
leans on 2 Peter, not the reverse. Nor is the outlook of 2 Peter
overwhelmingly Hellenistic as opposed to Hebraic, in my opinion. There are
plenty of Jewish ideas. Peter traveled extensively, we believe, outside of
Palestine; so reflections of Hellenistic culture in his letter should not
surprise us.

				Yours,
				Harold Holmyard