Written by Women.???

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Wed Feb 21 15:13:02 EST 2001

> Dave,
>
> > yes, but
> > we have female members of royal families, queens in Egypt and
> > such, so I'm not sure a handful of pictures preserved by the whims
> > of chance really tell us anything as definitive as you suggest.
>
> Yes, we have female members in royal families. That is a very good
> observation of you. Does that suggest that they could write?

Does it suggest they couldn't?  Arguments from silence always cut
both ways.  And a queen, or a female judge a la Deborah, would
likely have to know how to write.  I don't understand your reticence
on this point.

> > Once again, it's easy to say this sort of thing, but I'm still
> > wondering about the "data" you mentioned.
>
> Oh, yes, the data. I did refer to literature, didn't I? Just check it out,
> check the bibliograpphy and in case the data provided there do not convince
> you, put some convincing arguments forward in favour of the contrary
> (please, based on DATA).

No, you didn't refer to literature.  You simply said "data that are at
hand."  And I really don't see where the burden of proof is on me,
since you're the one making the claim.

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
violated."  C. S. Lewis