Inspiration

Numberup at worldnet.att.net Numberup at worldnet.att.net
Wed Feb 21 15:29:35 EST 2001

Hebrew translations of "theopneustos" [God-breathed] render it as _b'ruach elohim_
(Delitzsch) or _'al-pi ruach elohim_ (UBS, 1983).  This is similar to the thought
expressed aat 2 Sam.23:2: _ruach YHWH dibber bi umillato 'al l'shoni_, "The spirit of
YHWH speaks through me, his discourse is on my tongue." (Everett Fox)   The basic
element, _ruach_, of course, can mean both spirit and breath.

Solomon Landers