Written by Women.???

Numberup at worldnet.att.net Numberup at worldnet.att.net
Tue Feb 20 16:53:16 EST 2001

In _Book of J_, Bloom posits that the female writer of J was probably
"either a princess of the Davidic royal house or else the daughter or
wife of a court personage...If J was a princess of the same house, then
she had considerable family literary tradition to inspire her." (1990,
pp. 36, 38)  While I do not share his premise of female authorship of
"J", it is not inconceivable that at least some women
of biblical times were literate, and writers.

Solomon Landers