Help on differences between BH & MH

Ian Hutchesson mc2499 at mclink.it
Sat Feb 17 14:47:10 EST 2001

I was wondering if anyone could help me with regard to those features of
books like Canticles and Ecclesiastes that lead some people to call the
Hebrew in them proto-Mishnaic Hebrew. Of the few features I've read about,
$l can be found in Ct in place of '$r l-, but, of a quick browse for
nunation rather than mimation to indicate masc. plur., I could see no
examples. What other linguistic items should I be looking for? (I'm trying
to evaluate a dating argument regarding the Copper Scroll which wants to see
that text as extremely late based on the form of Hebrew.)

Thanks,

Ian