Is this a rock or not? I Would like to know

Liz Fried lizfried at umich.edu
Fri Feb 16 13:45:45 EST 2001

I don't think it has been "categorically" dismissed.
As I recall, it was discussed whether Mt read the Hebrew or the LXX.
For that matter, the LXX is even earlier than Mt, and there is no
assumption that those translators got it right. Numerous examples
to the contrary were offered. Thus, while evidence of the versions is
certainly pertinent, it cannot be considered conclusive.

Liz