Is this a rock or not? I Would like to know

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Thu Feb 15 14:32:44 EST 2001

> Dear All,
> If I may interject a comment here.
> What I found offensive in someone's post was a quote from
> the gospel of john, and a comment to the effect that a passage in the OT/HB
> *foreshadowed* something in the NT.
> I find the term offensive because it implied to me that the OT was written
> primarily to foreshadow the new. That I find offensive.
[snip]

This will be my final comment on this subject, since I've said all I
wanted to say, and the private mail I've been getting today tells me
that I have accomplished the goal I set for myself in addressing the
topic.

I frankly get tired of comments like "That I find offensive."
Everybody has a viewpoint.  We know that.  One of the rules in this
list is not to bash other people's viewpoints.  One person here
stated his viewpoint, and he has been bashed to no end ever since
for it.  This is a violation of the rules, to say nothing of an
unnecessary and unproductive digression from the subject of
Hebrew.  I sincerely hope that our list here is composed of
scholars and other truly interested parties, and has not been
overrun by some professional victims and/or religious bigots.
There's room for all of us here, and we all have the right to express
our view of the text.  Those who have difficulty with this idea need
to take a good look at themselves.  That's all I have to say.

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
violated."  C. S. Lewis