Isaiah 7.14 and Matthew

Polycarp66 at aol.com Polycarp66 at aol.com
Fri Feb 9 06:54:09 EST 2001

In a message dated 2/6/2001 11:56:18 PM Central Standard Time,
rdehoop at keyaccess.nl writes:

> BTW, how old are the words "computer", "e-mail", "discussionlist",
> "internet"? Quite a lot neologisms isn't it? Must be rather offensive for
> you to have part in such an neologism-culture.

It is not simply a matter of "new" words which is disagreeable.  It is the
tendency to abandon perfectly good older terms because someone has become
offended with some real or imagined offensive occurence.  When languages
cease to develop they die.  I'm not prepared, however, to change my use of
terms every five minutes to suit someone's whims.

gfsomsel