Rabbinical Curriculum

Ausra Pazera apazera at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 7 10:43:44 EST 2001

--- David Stabnow <dstabno at lifeway.com> wrote: > This
question may be much too complicated for a
> short answer, but ... What
> books do Jews study in order to become Rabbis?
> (Obviously the Tanakh.) A
> Christian layperson friend is looking for insight
> into the preparation of a
> Teacher.
>
> Dave Stabnow

Secondly - commentaries on Torah (especially Rashi),
compilations of Midrashim, Mishnah, Gemara, Talmudic
commentaries, Shulkhan Aruch, etc... etc... etc...
etc...

About the Teacher - it depends if you choose Orthodox,
Conservative, Reform, Chabad, etc... Many
possibilities and many complications, I suppose...

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as:
> [apazera at yahoo.co.uk]
> To unsubscribe, forward this message to
> $subst('Email.Unsub')
> To subscribe, send an email to