Child theme in Isaiah 6-12

Ian Hutchesson mc2499 at mclink.it
Mon Feb 5 17:52:49 EST 2001

Peter wrote:

>The Shear-Jashub prophecies of 10:20-23 must refer to a relatively distant
>future, a time when Israel will return after being struck down or exiled
>(see also 11:10-12).

Aren't all these prophecies vaticinio ex eventu, as the status quo suggests,
given 1 Enoch and Daniel?

Ian

[Historical note on Dan 5: this text is  unaware of the fact that Belshazzar
died a day or so before the fall of Babylon in the battle of Opis and that
the actual king, Nabonidas, had returned to Babylon.]