Isaiah 7:14 and Matthew

Ian Hutchesson mc2499 at mclink.it
Mon Feb 5 04:36:58 EST 2001

>The word "racial" has been used twice by Ian Hutchesson in two successive
>postings concerning the Jewishness/non-Jewishness of Matthew.
>Perhaps Ian would like to clarify what he means by "racial"? Is he
referring
>to some anthropological or other scientific or non-scientific definition?
>Y-chromosome studies, perhaps? Clarification, please.

Just difficult to find the right word at the time. I'll accept anything that
is better. "Nationality" didn't seem to be the right word, especially when
one thinks of the Diaspora. So, if Jonathan Safren feels he can supply a
better word for the *context*, he will be most welcome.

But, hell, this "Jewishness/non-Jewishness of Matthew" is a bloody silly
topic to be wasting time on -- if Jonathan hadn't got my previous reasoning.
It has, as I have now said a few times, nothing to do with the purposes of
this list. And we have no means of ever knowing the facts of the matter, so,
at best, it is vain conjecture.

Ian