begin-title / end-title

Peter Kirk Peter_Kirk at sil.org
Fri Feb 2 11:26:50 EST 2001

We do have Psalm 18 quoted, with a superscription but no "end title", in 2
Samuel 22. Also a long compilation from various psalms in 1 Chronicles 16,
with a superscription (verse 7) and a response (verse 36b) which looks
interestingly similar to Psalm 106:48, which is probably the closure to Book
IV of the Psalms. Of course these have their own uncertain textual
histories, but the evidence of Psalm 106:48 suggests to me that at least
Chronicles is quoting from the book of Psalms in a form similar to what we
have now.

Peter Kirk