etter names

Trevor Peterson 06PETERSON at cua.edu
Sat Dec 22 10:27:05 EST 2001

It does take a lot of getting used to. I had an especially hard time with Ayin
until I could actually interact with someone who knew how to use it. (In a lot
of my early training, we either didn't make the distinction or simply
pronounced it as an aleph with more force.) I've already explained het in
another message, and ayin is just the voiced counterpart. So once you get the
constriction of het, you should just be able to use your vocal cords and make
an ayin without much problem.

Trevor Peterson
CUA/Semitics