etter names

Lisbeth S. Fried lizfried at umich.edu
Fri Dec 21 11:47:15 EST 2001

Dear Uri,
I did study Arabic for about two months
on my own with a tape. I understood from
that course that all these letters should be
pronounced differently, including the
aleph and the ayin, which has not yet been mentioned.
I could not for the life of me hear the
difference between the members of these pairs,
and finally gave up. Is there any hope or is it
a lost cause?
Liz