Masoretic Marking in Deut 1:36

Raymond de Hoop rdehoop at keyaccess.nl
Sat Dec 15 10:28:32 EST 2001

Hi Mark,

It might be an typographical error of BHS: BHK (2nd ed.) does read the
zaqeph gadol here in its normal fashion, as does Snaith. The facs. of Codex
L. is hard to read here (but I do not have a loupe...), so that does not
help very much. Considering the fact that the other editions did read it in
its normal shape, suggests that BHS just made a mistake.

Regards,
Raymond de Hoop