qatal vs. katab

Maurice A. O'Sullivan mauros at iol.ie
Fri Dec 14 11:02:57 EST 2001

Apart from the "heavyweight" reference grammars such as Gesenius, or the
2-volume :
Jouon, Paul, and Takamitsu Muraoka. A Grammar of Biblical Hebrew. Vol.
14/I. Orthography and Phonetics: Morphology.
Vol. 14/II. Syntax: Paradigms and Indices. .
Subsidia Biblica. Rome: Pontifical Biblical Institute 1991.

I would suggest:

A Biblical Hebrew Reference Grammar
Christo H.J. van der Merwe
Jackie A. Naudé
Jan H. Kroeze
Biblical Languages 3: Hebrew

which is available in printed form from Sheffield Academic Press, or from
Logos in a most useful electronic form ( see www.logos.com )