What are Hebrew words for hen and egg?

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Sat Dec 8 19:00:34 EST 2001

> At 03:48 PM 12/7/2001 -0500, Shoshanna wrote:
> >WHAT IS ALL THIS GIBBERISH - and what does it have to do with Hebrew?
>
> It's Latin, once the indispensable tool for international scholarship
> in which most philological discussion was conducted until superseded
> in the late 19th Century by such barbaric tongues as English, German
> and Modern Hebrew.
>

> Like I said, what does this have to do with Hebrew?

That was already explained.  It was the language of much of the
philology of the centuries before the 20th.  Did you read the post?

> OUR Torah scholars and commentators, whose entire energies were
> devoted to learning Torah and teaching it, and were and are still
> keepers of an unbroken chain of tradition and knowledge spanning
> thousands of years, were not using Latin, nor was the Torah written
> in Latin.

Could you possibly sound more arrogant?  Nobody said the Torah was
written in Latin; much scholarly literature was written in Latin.
Again I wonder if you actually read the post.

> Why base your studies on Latin??????  All it does is strip it of
> religious and spiritual meaning, and does not increase your knowledge.

Shoshanna, nobody said they were basing their studies on Latin.  I
suggest you go back and reread the thread before making all these
incorrect, and incredibly pompous, statements.  This is all I have to
say on the subject.

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
This time, like all times, is a very good one if we but know what to
do with it.
                  -Emerson