[b-greek] Hebrews 3:11

Bill Ross wross at farmerstel.com
Tue Dec 4 12:23:18 EST 2001

<Dan>
>>>...Noting that the author of Hebrews end the quotation of Ps 95 at this very point may suggest that he
understands the implied answer as very important in regards to the Hebrews need to respond or face the similar consequences of such an oath.

<Bill>
My understanding is that an oath would, at this point, contain self damning elements that would be invoked if they oath were not fulfilled. Ie: "...let my mother-in-law's underwear burst into flames..., may my children suddenly contract uncurable rashes..."

The absence, then, implies "you know what I mean."

Bill Ross