traditions regarding tetragrammaton?

Daniel Wagner dan.wagner at netzero.net
Fri Aug 24 22:01:45 EDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Rolf Furuli <furuli at online.no>
To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew at franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 11:13 AM
Subject: Re: traditions regarding tetragrammaton?

> Dear Dan,
>

> I once wrote a thesis entitled "The tetragrammaton and its
> substitutes in the days of the second temple". Here are some points:
[SNIP]

Thanks for this post. This is extremely interesting and surprising. Has anybody who has studied the evidence disagreed with you (re: modification of LXX from original tetragrammaton)?

I'm sure many disagree regarding the NT modifications -- do you know any bibliography of such works? I can't quite see how that could be possible for the NT (though i have ABD and will read Howard's article), but i can see it for LXX easily enough.

Dan Wagner