Gen 1:2

Numberup at worldnet.att.net Numberup at worldnet.att.net
Thu Aug 23 03:14:42 EDT 2001

In the periphrastic genitive  RuaCH  'eLoHiYM, 'eLoHiYM  *acts*  as an
adjective in that it modifies the construct.

RuaCH lends itself to several diffferent translations, including "wind"
and "breath."  It could be argued that both of these are "active
forces."  The "spirit" in Gen. 1:2 is, in context, an "active force."

Solomon Landers