Child Sacrifice - off topic

Karen Spray karen.spray at lineone.net
Tue Aug 21 17:54:00 EDT 2001

I apologise for the off-topic query, but you were the only set of people I
thought might know where to find the answer to this question.

A friend on another list needs to know whether there is any independent (ie
extra-Biblical) evidence that the Canaanites and/or other ancient peoples
round about Israel practiced child sacrifice.  I have tried my
archaeological encyclopedia but there doesn't seem to be any usefully headed
topic, and bizarrely it doesn't have an index.  (Yes, I should have bought
the CD-Rom instead<g>)

Any off-list help would be very welcome.

Thank you,

Karen Spray
karen.spray at fish.co.uk or karen.spray at lineone.net