Text of Isaiah

Numberup at worldnet.att.net Numberup at worldnet.att.net
Tue Aug 21 14:22:53 EDT 2001

I would not think that any translation could better establish the original text than
Hebrew ones such as the MT and Isaiah Scroll.  What the translations can show is that
there were some variations in ancient Hebrew texts (or text families) accepted as
authentic by certain groups at certain times.  This does not necessarily make such
readings "superior" to the traditional or standard readings, just alternatives.
Sometimes, interesting alternatives.

You might find _The Dead Sea Scrolls Bible_ by Martin Abegg, Peter Flint, and Eugene
Ulrich to be helpful.

Solomon Landers