Atonement Vs. Redemption

Kirk Lowery Kirk at leningradensis.org
Fri Aug 17 21:23:17 EDT 2001

Friends,

On behalf of the co-chairs, we recommend that this thread be concluded.
While the discussion of the meaning of these terms in the Hebrew Bible are
within the boundaries of our charter, discussion (assertions, really) of
confessional traditions (Jewish and Catholic, in this case) cross the line
of our forum focus.

Since this public forum is composed of members of many different faith

commitments, our forum's charter is designed to help us find common ground
for discussion.

We recommend that members review our charter and "rules of engagement"
found at <http://www.ibiblio.org/bhebrew/>.

Blessings,

Kirk
B-Hebrew co-chair
Kirk E. Lowery, Ph.D.                         <klowery at wts.edu>
Associate Director, Westminster Hebrew Institute
General Editor, Project "eL", The XML Leningrad Codex
Chair, Computer Assisted Research Group, Society of Biblical Literature