Locating Eden

Richard Petersen Richard.Petersen at noaa.gov
Thu Aug 16 10:41:46 EDT 2001

Assuming the Biblical account to be factual and accurate, the problem goes far beyond
just identifying geographical features.  What kind of water and air currents would be
present on the earth covered with water for a full year?  It seems very unlikely that a
ship would remain stationary over the same general area after an entire year of free
floating.  Could it have circled the globe in a year's time?  Would it gradually work
it's way toward the equator?  Even if we knew where the ship ended up, it might not
help much in determining where the trip started.  Further, geographical features after
an event as described in the bible would be much different than those that existed
before the flood.