Hebrew narrative

David Stabnow dstabno at lifeway.com
Wed Aug 8 13:35:27 EDT 2001

For textlinguistics I would recommend Walter Bodine's _Linguistics and
Biblical Hebrew_ (Eisenbrauns, 1994) as a starting point.  David Allan
Dawson's _Textlinguistics and Biblical Hebrew_ (Sheffield, JSOT Supp 170,
1994) is an accessible introduction to Longacre's methodology and includes
critiques of some other approaches.
For literary analysis I enjoyed interacting with Meir Sternberg's _The
Poetics of Biblical Narrative_ (Indiana University, 1987).
Dave Stabnow

"Andre Landman" <landmal at unisa.ac.za> on 08/07/2001 05:50:37 AM

Please respond to "Andre Landman" <landmal at unisa.ac.za>