The WAW consecutive principle

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Tue Aug 7 10:26:30 EDT 2001

> To All,
>
> I would like to know how valid this principle is and how it would
> effect the meaning of a translation with or without its use.
> I would appreciate any help you give me on this subject.

Harry,
We've had some spirited discussions of this subject in the past.
You might browse thru the archives to get a feel for where most of
us are at on the issue.  We have about a handful of views
represented on this list, ranging from the traditional "consecutive"
view to some fairly radical ones (probably a tossup between Rolf's
and my own).

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
"You just keep thinking, Butch.  That's what you're good at."