Biblio. ref.: Nash Papyrus

Jack Kilmon jkilmon at historian.net
Mon Apr 16 01:20:28 EDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ian Hutchesson" <mc2499 at mclink.it>
To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew at franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2001 3:54 PM
Subject: Biblio. ref.: Nash Papyrus

> G'day!
>
> I was wondering if anyone had any bibliographical references to the
current
> understandings of the dating for the Nash Papyrus. I found a few mentions
of from
> 100 BCE to 70 CE, but I would prefer to have a nice citable source!

I think Bill Albright was correct in his assignment of the dating of the NP
(JBL 56 (1937) p.145 and I think the palaeography enhancement of the
period by the DSS bear him out over Kahle whose cites I am sure you have.
Of course, my passion for palaeography and Dr. Albright having taught me
have nothing to do with my opinion <g>

Jack