3800 YEAR OLD ALPHABET FOUND INTACT....

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Fri Sep 29 10:15:26 EDT 2000

Lance Petersen wrote:
[snip]
>       So, when I saw that he had responded to this particular post, I opened
> his message with trepidation, waiting to read his brilliant and erudite
> assessment. I found his analysis of the photo insightful. I would tend to
> agree with him. However, I was disappointed, because, like so much of what he
> has said, the conclusions he reached in the rest of his post I could not
> follow. Such as how any "affiliations," in and of themselves, render
> someone's findings ...  well, whatever he was trying to render them. Also,
> the "thing" that is being tried, how does it differ from someone like himself
> studying, coming to conclusions and publishing the findings. Like an eager
> student sitting at the feet of the master, I await enlightenment. What, pray,
> tell, are the "similar affiliations?" And what is the "thing" that is being
> tried?

I was trying to be delicate.  The "similar affiliations" I refer to are
LDS, since the article specifically said that the digger in the Negev
was from BYU.  The "thing" is trying to find North American
artifacts to back up the idea that ancient Hebrews migrated here
during the time of Josiah.  Of course, if this alphabet really is 3800
years old, then it severely predates the purported events of the
Mormon writings anyway, so I may have been a little too hasty in
suggesting that someone was trying to find a connection.  I have
seen enough hoaxes of this type, some brought to me personally,
that I am perhaps a bit gun-shy.

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
violated."  C. S. Lewis