HF$IBBO:LIYM (?) -- (Parenthesis)

Peter Kirk Peter_Kirk at sil.org
Wed Sep 27 11:49:33 EDT 2000

Dear Ben,

Maybe you say "bus stop" with a glottal stop, or a pause, when you are
enunciating carefully for your sermons. But if you ask the ordinary people
at the bus stop, I don't think you will hear a pause, just a long S sound.
At least that's how I say it, unless I am trying to spell it out very
carefully, and I was brought up just down the road from you, at Wye, Kent,
so this is not a regional dialect thing.