Lemarbe

Stephen C. Carlson scarlson at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 17 18:37:09 EDT 2000

At 06:50 AM 9/17/00 -0700, Dave Washburn wrote:
>> Look at the first word of Is 9:6.  This is one of the places where the
>> versification differs between the Hebrew bible and its English version.
>
>Ah, OK.  It looks like a typo to me, but perhaps someone with
>access to the facsimile edition of the Leningrad Codex can
>enlighten us as to whether it's in the ms or not.

I doubt it is a typo in my version of the BHS, because its apparatus
discusses this form: "dttg vel reliquum nomimis proprii, cf 5c;" and
cites 1 Q Is a without the final form of mem.

Stephen Carlson
Stephen C. Carlson                        mailto:scarlson at mindspring.com
Synoptic Problem Home Page   http://www.mindspring.com/~scarlson/synopt/
"Poetry speaks of aspirations, and songs chant the words."  Shujing 2.35