I am becoming what I am becoming

Numberup at worldnet.att.net Numberup at worldnet.att.net
Sun Sep 17 14:56:54 EDT 2000

Ancient Egyptian is classified as an Afro-Asiatic [earlier,
Semito-Hamitic] language, though the extent of Semitic influence is
debated.  Egyptian Xeper [Kheper], similar to Hebrew/Aramaic HWH/HYH
means, "to be, to become, or the thing which has come into being."
(Wallis Budge.)  Of the god with that name, it is written "xeperu kua em
xeperu en xepera xeper em sep tepi":  "I am the one who came into being
as Khepri.  When I came into being, being itself came into being."
(Joseph Kaster's translation).  There is this play on the verb
xeper/kheper in many Egyptian writings, especially the Pyramid Texts.

Theologically, Kephri was the rising sun that is "coming into being,"
with Ra being the sun at high noon, and Atum ["complete"] as the setting
sun.

Solomon Landers