P's Flood Chronology

barre at freedsl.com barre at freedsl.com
Fri Sep 8 02:55:23 EDT 2000

As an illustration of the conflation of separate documents, I refer
to an isolating of P's Chronology which is coherent only if J's is
ignored.  In short, the flood starts on 2.17 (7:11), with rising for
five months or 150 days until 7.17 (7:24). Then they recede for five
month until 12.17 (8:3).  The dove is then released over a period of
two weeks (8:10-11) bringing at which time the earth is dry on New
Year's Day (8:13).  (For more detail arguments see my "The Riddle of
the Flood Chronology, JSOT 41(1988) 1-20).  The chronological notice
only make sense if J and P are isolated and separated, showing that
we are dealing with a conflated story.

LMB

L.M. Barre, Ph.D.
Angelfire.com/ca2/AncientIsrael