Cause he said so

barre at freedsl.com barre at freedsl.com
Thu Sep 7 22:05:11 EDT 2000

I would like to know what critical theories of composition for the
Pentateuch (Tetrateuch, Hexateuch) are offered by those who reject
the Documentary Hypothesis.  As far as I know, no one has does this
with regard to Mosaic authorship, at least not to the level of
criticism of the rival position.  My past has taught me that Mosaic
authorship is propounded on theological grounds, that since Jesus
referred to the Law of Moses, and Jesus can't be wrong, Moses had to
have written it.  This position is then made more credible by mostly
casting dispersions on the DH.  So if anyone can offer a scholarly
alternative to the DH and its variants, I would like them to make
some sort of case beyond Jesus said so.

LMB

L.M. Barre, Ph.D.
Angelfire.com/ca2/AncientIsrael