Constructs with finite verb.

Liz Fried lizfried at umich.edu
Tue Sep 5 10:56:18 EDT 2000

Last night I found a relevant section in Gesenius
on this topic. There it said that in these cases the
whole rest of the sentence (or maybe he meant the clause
which began with the finite verb) was in a dependent
genitive relationship to the noun in construct.
There was no elaboration and I'm not sure how to undersand
what is being said. What does that mean exactly?
Does that mean we translate it as if it were a verbal noun?
Is that what Rashi meant? Rather than emend it
you read these as if they were verbal nouns?

Liz