Genesis

Christian M. M. Brady christian.brady at tulane.edu
Sat Sep 2 23:14:50 EDT 2000

On 9/2/00 12:38 PM, "Jim West" <jwest at highland.net> wrote:

>> <<and intensive archaeological and literary research has undercut many of
>> the arguments used to challenge Mosaic authorship.>>
>
> there is no mosaic authorship.  there is post exilic and hasmonean
> authorship.  and archaeology is itself fundamentalisms worst enemy in these
> matters for it show NOTHING of many claims found in the Bible.

Jim, I admire your conviction and certainty, but there are few scholars out
here who hold this position. Where there is a consensus it does not goes as
far as the Hasmonean period and many are reevaluating arguments which place
J in the United Monarchy or at least prior to the exile.

And just curious, does this view you support place D in that period as well?

Cb
cbrady @ tulane.edu
--
"I never let schooling interfere with my education."
                  -Mark Twain