Gen 1:1. Kermess

Lee R. Martin lmartin at vol.com
Sat Sep 2 11:58:16 EDT 2000

Ian Hutchesson wrote:

> I think you are taking things too far. Perhaps you would agree that John
> 1:1 is modeled on Genesis 1:1 but they are not the same -- the say
> different things --; am I being "creative" when I work on the idea that the
> writer of GJohn1 had Gen1 in mind?

Dear Ian,
I have no idea why you are bringing in John's Gospel to our exchange. I have not
mentioned it nor have I given it any consideration in my thinking about Gen. 1:1.  I
have no theological attachment to creation "ex nihilo" in Gen. 1, nor am I concerned
to link it to John 1 when reading Genesis.
--

Lee R. Martin
Pastor, Prospect Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee