The 24 hour "evening and mornings" ??? (Peter)

Liz Fried lizfried at umich.edu
Fri Sep 1 18:42:50 EDT 2000

> So far all you have done is to use an analogy (about hot dogs) to attempt
> to support this claim: <<By exactly the same argument, KOL YEMEY XAYYEYKA
> in Gen 3:17 does not mean "every day of your life", it means "the whole of
> your life".>> You've got no further.

Ian is correct. If the grammar books discuss this, they
 are explaining the meaning, not giving a literal translation.
The meaning is the same, "all the days of your life" means
"the whole of your life," or "all your life." But this is not a literal
translation.
Even the KJV translates kol yemey xayyai as "all the days of my life,"
in Psalm 23.
Of course then it botches the psalm's final line.

Liz