Off topic, off-list question

Richard Petersen Richard.Petersen at noaa.gov
Mon Oct 23 08:35:52 EDT 2000

I suppose it depends on who you're referring to when you say 'christian'.  If you mean
everyone who is born in a 'christian' nation or family, I suppose it could be guilt.
If you mean those who believe in the G-d of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and have put their
faith in the Jewish Messiah, the issue is more one of affinity and love for a people
with like devotion.  I understand there are many Jews who could care less about G-d.
Nevertheless, the Jewish people is the only people on the earth who have a thousands
year tradition of love for and devotion to G-d, which has resulted in a very large
segment of truly devout people, who's main desire is to know and please G-d.  How could
a true Christian not feel close to and want to support a people like that?