Exodus and the Hyksos

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Fri Jan 28 08:25:21 EST 2000

Jonathan Safren wrote in part:
> You also can't be sure that the Judges ruled one after the other, i.e., consecutively.
> Behind each Judges narrative stands the story of a local chieftain. Youu can see that
> by which tribes participate in which wars. So it is more probable that many of the
> Judges were contomporaneous.

My article on this topic in Bibliotheca Sacra (details are on my web
page at www.nyx.net/~dwashbur/cv.html) shows that this was
indeed the case.  There's a lot of overlap as well as a lot of regional
activity.  Some will be annoyed that I implicitly take the Judges
text as portraying real events, but that's their problem :-)  The part
about the chronology may interest the participants in this part of
the discussion.

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
                                   Psalm 86:11