Book of Kings and history

peter_kirk at sil.org peter_kirk at sil.org
Wed Jan 5 17:18:52 EST 2000

Dear Prof. Thompson,

I wonder if you could explain what you mean by this phrase? For I find
one of the major difficulties I have with views such as yours and
Prof. Lemche's is that of explaining how the books of Kings come to
include a significant amount of data which is confirmed in various
quite different sources, mainly Assyrian and Babylonian.